Surprisingly, face-to-face customer service is not exactly what it sounds like; it is more like assisting your customers in a more personal matter.
So instead of relying on telephone calls, emails, or the internet, face-to-face customer service is best because it involves the customer and an efficient representative of your business being physically present.
Increasingly, businesses now recognise the importance of good ol’ customer service, and more restaurants are investing resources and time to learn and understand how to deliver excellent customer service.
Face-to-face customer service has many often overlooked benefits; let’s look at some of these benefits.
Benefits Of Face To Face Customer Service
1) Ability To Respond To Customers’ Overall Reaction: With face-to-face customer service, you can see and respond to customers’ body reactions, tone of voice, and facial expressions.
Monitoring and understanding these non-verbal cues allows you to gauge interest, clarify confusion, and engage attention.
2) Enhances Trust And Credibility: Face-to-face customer service allows you to share vital information with your customers, answer simple & tough questions honestly, and explain what a new meal offers.
Doing this improves your customer relationship, thereby enhancing trust and credibility.
3) Address Sensitive Issues: This is one of the significant benefits of face-to-face customer service. It allows you to demonstrate respect for your customers by listening to their honest feedback or relaying a message.
Handling this in person shows you are conscious of their possible reaction and mindset. Face-to-face customer service can turn a challenging issue into a trust-building interaction.
How To Deliver Excellent Face To Face Customer Service
There’s a particular saying that goes like this “treat your customers right, and they will come back to your restaurant again.” Now how do you deliver excellent customer service;
1) Do It Right From The Start: Food quality is very vital, but the experience your customers encounter when they visit your restaurant counts more.
All you have to do is keep your customers’ needs at the forefront of your restaurant. Here’s how to do that;
- Use respectful titles like Mrs, Sir, Ma’am, & Miss.
- Greet your customers the moment they walk into your restaurant.
- Do not interrupt your customers when speaking- listen intensely and pay attention to their orders.
- Be versed on your menu. Ask specific questions about their orders and ensure you get them right.
- Serve happily while refilling their drinks.
- Please don’t make your customers ask for checks, clear their plates and drop the bill in a timely manner.
2) Solve Problems Quickly: Your finesse should be delivering excellent customer service by immediately dealing with your customers’ complaints.
The truth is, no matter how hard you try to keep things in check, mistakes are inevitable, but whatever the problem is, your goal should be pleasing your customers.
On A Final Note;
Cafe Chairs Melbourne has eye-catching furniture that will attract customers through your doors. We have a great selection of outdoor and indoor furniture to choose from.
Visit our site now to see our exquisite selection of designer furniture.