When you’re opening a new cafe or restaurant you have to be prepared for the inevitable problem of competition. New venues are constantly opening and closing and in order to stand a chance of success, you need to stand out from your competitors. One way to do this is with an interior that catches the eye and gets people talking. With this in mind, we take a look at the top 3 cafe and restaurant design ideas for 2021.
Design ideas for 2021 are based on the core values of comfort, adaptability, and telling a story, so let’s jump in and take a closer look.
- Retro Style
Retro remains high on the list of cafe and restaurant design ideas for 2021 and the great thing is that to furnish your cafe or restaurant with furniture that is evocative of the 1950s you don’t have to state that the concept is retro. This particular environment is sought after in both modern and eclectic venues with the following furniture options being available:
- Furnishings in serene soft colours
- Tables with rounded corners made from plastic or wood
- Chairs made from plastic or wood with a metal frame
- Armchairs and sofas upholstered in ‘shabby chic’ velvet
- Sofas and armchairs with futuristic looks
Just as popular is the trend from last year of mixing old and new furniture meaning there’s nothing wrong with pairing brand new custom chairs with vintage chairs you’ve picked up from a flea market. Doing this enables you to create a design that comes with a unique story.
- Cafe and restaurant design ideas 2021 – Colour to match your concept
While matching colour to a concept is nothing new, it has more significance in 2021 and not only enables you to create a more attractive environment for your customers but also makes it easier for people searching for an establishment with a particular concept and status. Designers suggest the following solutions:
- Natural greens, browns and sunny yellow for vegetarian cafes or restaurants
- Bright juice colours like purple, emerald and dark red combined with wood textures for ethnic venues
- Earthy dark reddish-brown for steak houses
- Black, gold, chrome and steel for elite establishments
- Natural shades of wood, stone, and grey for Japanese venues
- A light pastel palette for family-orientated cafes and restaurants
- Embracing the ceiling
Designers are proposing the following ideas for the ceiling in 2021. The first is to open up the ceiling space to make your interior feel more voluminous and airy while visually increasing the inside space.
The second option is to portray the ceiling as a key design element of your cafe or restaurant as a whole. To achieve this, exclusive installations, fabric compositions, and structures made from wood, plastic and metal can be used. When utilised in combination with your main design concept the ceiling becomes a natural continuation an offers uniqueness with a wow factor. Examples include a ceiling that is stylised to represent a cloudy sky or where floating textiles suspended from the ceiling create a light and airy mood.
Hopefully, these 3 top cafe and restaurant design ideas for 2021 have given you a few ideas to get your creative juices flowing.
Should you need any cafe or restaurant furniture please don’t hesitate to browse our online store or visit our showroom in Melbourne for ideas and advice.