If you clean your furniture with the wrong materials and equipment, then chances are you could end up ruining it. To save this from happening, we’ve put together a quick guide on how to clean café furniture.
How to Clean Café Furniture – All You Need to Know
How to clean a fabric sofa
You may have chosen a fabric sofa for your café to make it feel more comfortable and cosier but, you need to be aware that fabric sofas aren’t as durable as leather sofas. However, if you approach the task correctly and with a level of care, it’s possible for fabric upholstery to last as long as leather.
Below you’ll find a few top tips for you to follow:
• Using a soft brush attachment, first vacuum your sofa to remove loose dust from under and above the fabric’s surface.
• When you’re cleaning your sofa take care of any light grime or marks with a damp cloth. Once or twice a month, we recommend you use a product designed to clean fabric to carry out a much deeper clean. Apply it with a tiny amount of water (be careful not to soak the fabric) and leave it to work.
• Let the sofas dry naturally before allowing anyone to sit on it. Opening up your windows and doors will speed this process along.
Removing stains from fabric upholstery
In commercial settings, stains are bound to occur, no matter how diligent you are. Thankfully, most stains can be removed without damaging the upholstery and without too much effort on your part. Making your own cleaning product is cheaper than buying a shop bought product. Here’s what you need to do:
• Combine a squirt of washing up liquid and warm water in a small bowl and stir until there is froth on top.
• Apply this foam to your fabric upholstery using a soft bristle brush until the stain disappears (be careful not to soak the fabric). Blot it with a piece of kitchen roll to remove any excess moisture and leave it to dry.
Removing deep stains from fabric upholstery
When you’re busy it can be easy to forget to tackle any stains when they first occur. To remove forgotten stains, you can use white vinegar
• Begin by using equal amounts of white vinegar and water mixed together to blot the stain
• Use a dry microfibre cloth to blot and gently wipe the stain
• After this apply a mild detergent and water mix to remove any smell of vinegar
• Leave to let dry
To keep your fabric furniture smelling as nice as it looks, sprinkle some bicarbonate of soda all over the surface and leave it there all night so that the powder can absorb any odours. Remember to vacuum the powder off in the morning before you open!
Cleaning wood furniture
Unless your wood furniture is protected with a plastic coating it’s best to avoid using water or any commercial cleaning products which aren’t purely intended for wood.
Usually an oil-based wood cleaner will remove layers of wax and dirt that are on the surface of your furniture. However, alcohol stains or water marks will require a stronger product such as polish.
At Café Furniture Melbourne we pride ourselves in providing top quality, affordable café furniture. Our team are on hand to answer any furniture questions you might have, so please give us a call on 03 9007 0420.