There’s no better way of giving your cafe a face lift than by investing in some new tables. Your tables take up the most room in your cafe and are the first things that customers see, so it’s important to make a good first impression.
Our selection of interchangeable table tops and table bases allows our customers to customise their dining space design, layout, and appearance by offering a large choice of materials, sizes, heights, and colours. We’ve put together a quick guide to help you through the maze of points to consider when choosing your new cafe tables.
Table base heights
Our table bases come in 3 heights – 480mm which is a coffee table height, 720mm which is a standard cafe table height, and 1080mm which is for a poseur or dry bar table. The latter is ideal for areas where customers want to stand with a drink or quick snack and provides a place on which to put their cups and plates.
Table base shapes
- Round and square table bases – are easy to vacuum around and provide additional support and stability for any shape and size of table top
- Cross bases – means chairs can be pushed further beneath the table freeing up space in aisles and making tables easier to move. Due to their size, however, they may not provide enough stability with particularly thick or heavy tables tops and can be more difficult to clean around
- Flip top bases – These are ideal if space is limited since the top of the base folds to the side so that table tops are angled towards the floor. This saves storage space. Maximum table top size it supports is 700mm
- Twin bases – these are for use with our larger rectangular tables 800 x 1200mm
- Bolt in bases – these secure into the ground for rock solid stability and are a permanent feature
Table top sizes
We stock Isotop and Werzalit table bases which together are available in a wide range of sizes, colours, and shapes, giving you plenty to choose from. The first step is to consider what size of table top you require. Typically a 600mm table either square or round will accommodate up to 2 people whereas an 800mm able will accommodate 4 people but takes up a lot more room. We’d suggest using more 600mm tables together with a couple of larger tables, this way the small tables can be pushed together when necessary to create larger tables. The key to knowing which table top sizes to choose depends on knowing your customer base.
Why not browse our extensive range of interchangeable table tops and bases and get inspired. Should you need more information, advice, or guidance then we’re here for you. Just call us on (03) 9357 9688 (Campbellfield office) or (03) 9088 4163 (Dandenong office) and we’ll be pleased to assist. We’re currently offering 15% off all tables tops for the month of August, so don’t miss out!